Tuition Remission Program
The University grants education benefits to provide opportunities for personal and educational development for all benefit-eligible employees taking Santa Clara University courses for credit. It also has several education benefit programs for spouses, registered domestic partners, and dependent children (as defined by the IRS) of eligible employees. Each of the University's education benefit programs is described below.
Education Benefit Application for Tuition Reimbursement ONLY Link
Tuition Remission Application Currently Closed
Faculty and Staff
- Full benefit after 1 year of employment
- Undergraduate and/or Graduate Courses
- 2 undergraduate courses per quarter or 8 graduate units per quarter/semester during academic year
- 1 undergraduate course or 4 graduate units per summer
- 100% after faculty/staff member completes 3 years of continuous employment and meets eligibility requirements.
- Choice of courses toward one Undergraduate or courses toward one Graduate Degree
The Tuition Reimbursement program provides eligible employees with Tuition Reimbursement for themselves or their dependents of up to $2,000.00 per year, with a lifetime benefit limit of $8,000.00 per employee, for tuition and educational fees.
The Tuition Exchange program is a national scholarship exchange program for institutions of higher education. Children of eligible employees may apply for undergraduate admission to one of the participating institutions and, if accepted, are eligible for tuition remission subject to the terms and conditions set by the accepting institution.
Education Benefits details see: POLICY 609 - EDUCATION BENEFITS