The purpose of the University Budget Council (UBC) is to develop the annual macro budget in the context of long-range financial planning.
The University Budget Council makes its recommendations to the Vice President for Finance and Administration, the senior administrator overseeing the development of the University's annual operating and capital budgets.
The charge of the University Budget Council is to:
1. Prepare the annual macro budget for approval by the President prior to final approval by the Board of Trustees.
2. Ensure that the annual budget represents all major revenues and expenditures, is balanced, and is consistent with long-range financial projections based on careful analysis of program, enrollment, market, compensation, and other relevant trends.
3. Prepare and periodically update assumptions to guide financial planning.
4. Review and refine financial projections and planning scenarios developed by the Budget Office.
5. Ensure that adequate communication about budgetary issues and procedures occurs within the University community.
- Michael Crowley, Vice President, Finance and Administration, Chair
- Ed Ryan, Acting Co-Provost
- James Lyons, Vice President, University Relations
- Eva Blanco Masias, Vice President, Enrollment Management
- Ramona Sauter, University Controller
- Pat Cain, Faculty Senate President-elect, 2021-22
- Andrew Amador-Corrales, Staff Senate President-elect, 2021-22
- Michael Calegari, Accounting, 2021-24
- Jonathan Clough, ECP, 2021-24
- Daniel Press, College of Arts and Sciences, 2021-22
- Soniya Patel, Assistant Provost for Finance and Administration (data analyst/notetaker for Provost's Office, non-voting participant)
- Jing Tan, Assistant Budget Director (data analyst/notetaker, non-voting participant)