Continuing the successful reopening of campus requires all of us to make hard sacrifices to protect our own health and that of our fellow Broncos.
All members of our community play a role in creating a safer campus for fellow students, faculty, and staff by following the health and safety protocols when on-campus. The actions described below in the Bronco COVID-19 Pact are mandatory and monitored, with violators subject to sanctions.
As a Bronco, I pledge to follow the state, county, and University guidelines by:
- Wearing face coverings when required. Regardless of vaccination status, everyone must wear face coverings in classrooms and the Cowell Health Center. People who are unvaccinated must continue to wear masks in all indoor settings.
- Staying at home if I am sick or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Participating in SCU’s COVID-19 Testing program.
- Getting tested when I come into contact with someone who tests positive or if I am experiencing symptoms.
- Establishing a plan for where I will isolate if I test positive.
- Following isolation protocols if I test positive.
- Washing or sanitizing hands frequently throughout the day.
- Practicing good cough and sneeze hygiene.
- Regularly disinfecting shared/common areas and items.
- Engaging in a conversation with my housemates or roommates about behavioral expectations, such as social behavior and living arrangement cleanliness.
Complying with our collective commitment to safety efforts during this pandemic will clear a path to keeping our campus open. Likewise, failing to comply is a serious violation of the Student Conduct Code. The Student Conduct Code and disciplinary action applies to all students whether on or off campus. Students who are cited for failing to abide by campus, county, or state health and safety protocols are subject to the full range of disciplinary actions. Please note that SCU reserves the right to maintain more restrictive provisions than Santa Clara County.