We recognize that there are many unique challenges during this unprecedented time and we are here to support you.
The information below reflects our most updated services and resources as of 5/10/21 and is subject to change. Please visit the Prepared SCU website to stay informed about the most recent campus updates and messages.
Current Updates & Resources
Connecting With Our Team
Though we're not physically on campus until further notice, our team is here to support students, employers, and the SCU community through remote and digital resources.
Please send any questions to email@example.com and a member of our team will follow up.
Employer & Hiring Updates
We are gathering information from a number of sources to understand hiring trends related to internships and jobs. The following are the top trends and updates:
- Wondering who's hiring right now?
- Handshake is regularly updating this list of 500 companies hiring students on Handhshake right now.
- Check out this resource that shares hiring status updates for thousands of companies. Please note that this information is crowdsourced. It is a great way to get a snapshot to start with, but we encourage you to do some additional research as well.
- Students are encouraged to be flexible and consider industries that are thriving in a COVID-19 economy. Examples of industries projected for growth and hiring include remote collaboration platforms, shipping & delivery, food/grocery, online education and ed-technology, logistics, and government.
- Career Ready Broncos
- 6 weeks of pro tips and guided activities to help you elevate your career or job/internship search!
- Career Boost - The Career Center launched an online career accelerator to help students and new grads navigate the new normal of virtual recruiting and shine in the job search process. Topics include virtual interviewing, utilizing VMock to enhance your resume, and optimizing your search in Handshake.
- 6 Strategies for your 2021 job/internship search guide
- Recently Asked Questions - Responses to the questions we've heard most through our student survey and appointments with students. This is a live document that will be updated as more questions come in.
- Get Hired Remotely - Handshake's new blog has a variety of insightful articles to help you navigate your remote search.
- Remote Career Coaching Support - Our team is offering 1:1 appointments (via Zoom) to support students and alumni in their career exploration and job/internship search. Schedule appointments in Handshake. These appointments continue to be available through the summer.
- Handshake - Students and alumni can apply to internships & jobs, connect with the Handshake community, and schedule career coaching appointments
- Career Guides - Recommended next steps connected to wherever you are in the process of your exploration or search
- Job Prep Toolkit - Collection of tactical strategies related to resume, networking & LinkedIn, salaries, job offers, and more
- Big Interview - Video mock interview platform
- Exploration Resources - Want to explore your interests and understand the possibilities? Check out these resources.
- Takeaways from the Last Recession - Career Advice to Students Impacted by COVID-19: Check out this quick article written by Melissa Thiriez, Assistat Director for Employer Connections, based on her own experience graduating in 2009 during the Great Recession.
As best as is possible, SCU’s Career Center is continuing to facilitate meaningful connections to opportunities for Santa Clara students. We are actively reaching out to SF Bay Area employers to assess hiring needs & plans and to share virtual and remote services.
- Details about Fall 2021 employer connection events are in development now and will be shared as we get closer to the start of the fall quarter.
- Virtual Employer Events - Many employers are hosting virtual events to connect with students and share information about their organization and opportunities. View current virtual employer events in Handshake.
- Micro-Internships - The SCU Career Center partners with Parker-Dewey, a micro-internship platform for short term, paid, professional assignments similar to those given to new hires or interns. These projects enable students and recent alumni to build and demonstrate skills, explore career paths, and build their networks. To search and apply for upcoming Micro-Internships, please visit here.
- Remote Internships - Remote.co outlines different companies and jobs that are offering remote work. This website also includes a blog that offers tips and advice about working from home.
- Office Hours with Recruiters - Candor is offering daily office hours with a vareity of recruiters on a range of topics.
- Virtual Work Experience - Forage offers self-paced programs to provide a simulation of the work done at a variety of companies.
- Network with Other Interns - intern.club is a place to meet other interns and network. Two of intern.club's admins are SCU students/alumni!
- LinkedIn Live - The COVID Internship Search - 1/15/2021 - View Recording - Winter is an important time for Broncos to search for internships and SCU’s Career Center is here to help! Join us for key insights to help students navigate a virtual search process and stand out to recruiters and employers during the pandemic.
- LinkedIn Live - Broncos: Get Ready for Fall Recruiting - 9/25/2020 - View Recording - Learn how to stand out this fall in the current job/internship market and how to use this new landscape to your advantage as you network, explore options and seek internships. Hear from a panel of recruiters from Uber & DocuSign!
- LinkedIn Live - 5 Ideas to Boost Your Career During the COVID-19 Summer - 5/27/2020 - View Recording - With COVID-19 disrupting summer job & internship plans, join the Career Center for a session that will provide Broncos with tangible examples and ways to explore, develop your network, build skills and experience, and help you stand out to employers and recruiters.
- Jobs & Meaningful Work During COVID-19 Webinar - 5/19/2020 Webinar, View Recording - Listen to an engaged discussion on a series of timely topics including how students can navigate internships and the job market during COVID-19 and the role of resiliency and purpose as students create their future during uncertain economic times.
- LinkedIn Live - Career Strategies for Students & Graduating Broncos - 5/7/2020 - View Recording- Learn how students and graduating Broncos can navigate the job market during COVID-19.
- LinkedIn Live - Internships in a COVID-19 Economy - 4/22/2020 - View Recording - Join members of the Career Center team for a discussion about recruiting trends, options, and resources for SCU students.
Employer Connections Resources
Connecting With Our Employer Connections Team
Please know that we are here to support employers, and look forward to continuing to work together to connect you with SCU talent. We are in the process of planning our fall recruitment program portfolio, and are exploring virtual options to assist with recruiting if needed. Staff are available remotely to discuss recruiting strategies to support your current and future needs; please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will follow up as soon as possible.