Graduate Class of 2022
Santa Clara University congratulates the Graduate Class of 2022!
Save the Date for the Following Events:
Last Updated February 28, 2022
Jesuit School of Theology
Saturday, May 21, 2022
The Commencement ceremony will take place on Saturday, May 21 at All Souls Episcopal Church in Berkeley.
School of Law
Saturday, May 21, 2022
School of Education and Counseling Psychology, School of Engineering, Leavey School of Business, and Graduate Program in Pastoral Ministries
Monday, June 6 - Saturday, June 11, 2022
- Multicultural Recognition Ceremonies: The Office for Multicultural Learning will host a set of festive receptions the week of June 6 to recognize students of color and LGBTQIA+ students in the graduating class.
- Campus Liturgy: Graduates and their families are invited to participate in a student-planned Liturgy in the early evening of Friday, June 10.
- Commencement: On Saturday, June 11, the University will host three commencement ceremonies in which graduates will process through campus with their families and friends. Each graduate will receive four (4) guest tickets for this event. The celebration culminates with graduates receiving their diploma in front of the historic Mission Church and being congratulated by SCU faculty. This celebration will be livestreamed for all to view.
- Graduate Commencement Celebration times are as follows:
4:30 p.m. School of Education and Counseling Psychology and Graduate Program in Pastoral Ministries
6:00 p.m. School of Engineering
7:30 p.m. Leavey School of Business
In early April, graduates will receive an email from the Commencement Office with information on how to register themselves and their four (4) guests to attend their designated Commencement Celebration.
Graduates can purchase academic attire now through the May 19 deadline.
- Graduate School Receptions: Each School will host graduate receptions the week of June 6 to honor you.
Participating in Commencement
Knowing the difference between graduation versus commencement helps students navigate the end of their academic career at Santa Clara. Graduation is the successful completion of all course and unit requirements. Doctoral and master's candidates must petition to graduate directly through their respective program:
Commencement is the end-of-spring ceremony celebrating the students who have or will graduate. The Commencement Office coordinates the in-person ceremony. An online request form to participate in Commencement will be made available for eligible students in Spring Quarter. Students in the School of Law or Jesuit School of Theology attend separate Commencement ceremonies, and will receive information directly from their respective school.
Order your Academic Attire - the cap and gown - for Commencement
Shop Officially Licensed Products
Tell your family and friends about your milestone.
Once a Bronco, Always a Bronco
Congratulations! You now belong to a family that is more than 100,000 strong. No matter where you are across the world, you’re likely to find a Bronco eager to connect with you. It's time to enjoy all the benefits of being an SCU alum! Get involved, and enjoy the advantages of being part of the Santa Clara Alumni Family. Go Broncos!