Complete your housing application & join us on campus at SCU!
The Housing Application is available on January 12th, 2022 at 9:00AM. Now that you've familiarised yourself with the various Residential Learning Communities at SCU, it's time to begin your application! As a first-year student, complete your application by May 4th and you'll receive priority consideration for your RLC preferences!
- The first-year application is available January 12th, 2022 at 9:00AM. Before beginning your application, you'll want a solid understanding of each of SCU's 8 Residential Learning Communities and how you will rank each in order of your most preferred RLC to your least preferred RLC.
- The on-campus housing application for incoming First-year students is completed via your eCampus account by selecting "Manage Housing." Therefore, in order to submit a Housing Application, you'll need your eCampus login and password.
- Of course, you'll also need access to the Internet; we have found Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the optimal browsers to use when completing your housing application.
- A $500 pre-payment deposit; deposits can ONLY be paid using a debit or credit card. Waivers for the pre-payment deposit are not available.
- If you need to you can begin your application, save it, and come back to it at a later date. However, don't forget to submit your application by May 4th, 2022.
- You can request a roommate on your application but all parties must have an open application to make the mutual request. We do NOT accept roommate requests after May 4, 2022.
- Make sure you only submit your application once you are sure about the answers you have provided, as changes cannot be made once you submit your application.
Having issues completing your Housing Application or unsure if you are completing it correctly? View and utilize this Incoming First Year Housing Application Step by Step Guide below.
First-year students reside within one of the eight Residential Learning Communities. Prior to beginning your application, please explore each of the RLCs so you are well informed when listing your RLC preferences. Below you'll find a chart of the various room types within each residence hall/RLC.
First-Year Student Living Options Chart
|Standard Double Rooms||Suite Doubles & Singles||Mini-Suite Doubles, Mini-Suite Triples, Extended Doubles||Suite Triples||Extended Triples|
|Campisi Hall - Xavitas RLC||Casa Italiana - da Vinci RLC (only suite doubles; no suite singles, Design Singles)||Graham Hall (Alpha RLC)||Swig Hall - Cyphi RLC||McLaughlin-Walsh Hall - Unity RLC|
|Dunne Hall - Modern Perspectives RLC||Sobrato Hall - Loyola RLC (suite doubles & suite singles)||Finn Hall (Cura RLC)||McLaughlin-Walsh Hall - Unity RLC||Dunne Hall - Modern Perspectives RLC|
|McLaughlin-Walsh Hall - Unity RLC|
|Sanfilippo Hall - Xavitas RLC|
|Swig Hall - CyPhi RLC|
RLC preferences are extracted from applications and a placement into one of your preferences is made. Additional factors that influence RLC preference placements include:
If you submit your SCU on-campus housing application after May 4th, your RLC placement/housing assignment will be made based on the available housing spaces.
You'll learn your RLC placement in late July and specific room assignment in mid-August. Move-in information will also be available in mid-August.